Should I Sell My House For-Sale-By-Owner (FSBO)?
Are You Really Saving Money?
- According to the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), sellers who engage the services of a REALTOR® will sell their homes an average of 18% higher priced than FSBO*. In most cases, the 3% co-op fee that FSBO’s are trying to save is recouped with an increased net sales price.
- Ultimately, a higher net sales price is achieved through proper pricing, professional staging and photography, effective national marketing, experienced negotiating and evaluation of offers and shorter marketing time.
- With LifePoint Real Estate’s unique TOP (Transparent Offer Platform) option we can typically eliminate 3-6% of the commissions paid by the seller and potentially save you even more money than FSBO.
Timing Is Everything
- Some sellers want to sell as quickly as possible while others want or need to coordinate timing of a home sale to coincide with the purchase of a new home, completion of a new build, a move out-of-state or perhaps transitioning to a senior community or alternative living situation.
- According to the National Association of REALTORS®, sellers who engage the services of a REALTOR® sell faster than FSBO*. If contract terms need to be negotiated to accommodate a special seller move timeline, an experienced REALTOR® can typically negotiate terms that meet your specific needs.
Are You Protected Legally?
- What happens if you make an error in disclosure, documentation or unintentional misrepresentation? Professional REALTORS® typically carry a minimum of $1M in errors and omissions insurance….DO YOU?
- Is it worth the risk in this litigious society to manage this important transaction on your own?
Who Are You Letting Inside Your Home?
- Unfortunately, not everyone is honest, qualified and/or truly interested in potentially purchasing your home but may have ulterior motives for accessing your property.
- When you are represented by a professional REALTOR®, no one is permitted to enter your home without a real estate salesperson accompanying them AND a secure, time-restricted lockbox is installed for your protection.
- Are you vetting buyers before allowing them inside your home and possibly putting yourself, your family and belongings at risk?
Do You Have the Experience Needed?
- An average home-owner buys and sells 5 houses in their LIFETIME. Most LifePoint Real Estate agents are full-time REALTORS® selling on average 2-17 houses each MONTH.
- We are EXPERTS in our field and know the Central Ohio real estate market.
- LifePoint Real Estate agents evaluate and market properties AND negotiate contracts and request-to-remedies like it’s our JOB… because it is!